For Ever More Supplement Options, Contact Us At (707) 528-HERB | Mon - Fri 10-6, Sat 11-5
No items in cart
CART TOTAL: $0.00
November 13, 2018
Author: Dr. Bridget
SHOPPING & HARVEST LIST
FOR HEALTHY DETOXIFICATION &
MINIMIZING HARM FROM SMOKE-RELATED POLLUTANTS
1. Broccoli sprouts– contain some of THE most detoxification-stimulating and anti-carcinogenic compounds
2. Rosemary– a high power antioxidant
3. Turmeric– strongly anti-inflammatory and cancer preventing
4. Artichokes, more artichokes, and then more artichokes- an all around detoxifier
5. Pomegranate, berries, red/purple grapes, peels from unwaxed citrus– for the antioxidants
6. Brassica vegetables, including broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, radishes especially daikon, turnips, cauliflower, kale, collard, brussel sprouts, arugula- rich in compounds that support detoxification, especially in the lungs and liver
7. Bitter foods, such as frisee, endive, radicchio, burdock root, chicory, dandelion, escarole- to support bile movement, which is one major route of toxicant excretion
8. Garlic, onions, leeks– to support detoxification, especially in the lungs and liver
9. Mushrooms, especially shiitake, maitake, lion’s mane, oyster- to support immune cells with tissue repair
10. Sauerkraut or other ferments– to support an anti-inflammatory gut environment
11. Pastured organic animal liver– chocked full of nutrients required for detoxification
12. Chlorella, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, oat or rice bran– to promote healthy gut flora and bind toxicants in the gut to help eliminate them
13. Green tea– antioxidant-rich and anti-cancer
14. Throat coat tea– to soothe irritated mucous membranes
15. As many naturally colorful foods as possible- I’m not talking about Skittles here. Think purple carrots, calendula, red, yellow and orange peppers, red rice, red quinoa, purple radish, purple or orange sweet potatoes.
What’s NOT on the menu: Alcohol, sugar, foods that are grilled, smoked or fried, processed foods
For a more in depth-look of how to stay healthy during fire season, see my two-part blog posts, here and here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
& Recieve 10% off Your Next Order!
The statements made regarding products on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.© Farmacopia
Stay Informed. Sign Up For Our Newsletter!