Ritual Sea Sponge Kit & Cramp Balm
Holy Sponge! Ritual Moon Kits offer bleedin' folks a gentle, nurturing, and intuitive alternative to disposables. Our bodies are made up of water and sponges once lived in the ocean waters, why wouldn't you use these spongey allies on your moon cycle?! They're reusable too- each sponge lasts at least 3-6 cycles...good for the environment (think about the heaps of cotton in landfills) and good for the pocketbook (think about the money spent each month on disposables). Sponges are also soft, absorbent, and hygienic.
Each kit includes:
Two sustainably-harvested sea sponges from the coast of Florida
Organic tea tree oil to disinfect the sponges with at the end of each cycle
Antispasmodic Balm: Coconut Oil Infused with Motherwort, Ginger, Rosehips, Raspberry Leaves, Arnica, Crampbark, Shea Butter, Oregon Beeswax & essential oils. 5 oz. container
*All ingredients are organic &/or wildcrafted. Jam packed with essential oils- enough to call this a solid scent if you wanted to- so be sure to test a small bit on your skin before digging in fully. Also- a little goes a long way and this tin should last several cycles.
Using sponges...*We recommend trying them out at home when you are first getting the hang of how they work!
1. Wet your sponge under warm water.
2. Squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
3. Insert as high up or back as possible (it tends to "drop" and get heavy as it fills up with liquid).
4. When full, remove sponge and rinse under warm water...and repeat. *Note: When removing and rinsing your sponge for the first time, make sure you are over a toilet and have access to a sink. If the sponge is full, you may have some fluids to navigate between the toilet and sink:)
5. At the end of the whole moon cycle, fill a small bowl with near boiling water, add a couple drops of tea tree oil (a little goes a LONG way). Alternatives to cleansing with tea tree oil include any of the following (but not in combination) 1. a tbs of hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1 c water; 2. baking soda mixed with hot water, or 2. cider vinegar with water. Soak for 10 minutes with one of the listed cleansers and squeeze out, rinse with water. Store in clean, well ventilated area.
*For more detailed how-to's on using sponges and FAQ's, check out holysponge.net
Pregnant or nursing women and babies/children under the age of 3 should not use this product.. Please consult your health care provider before using herbs and oils. Certain essential oils can be harmful during pregnancy and can even cause early labor. Please consult a health care provider before use of any products for any severe problems.
If you have endometriosis, we suggest that you speak with a healthcare professional you trust about whether sponges may be right for you.
Stay Informed. Sign Up For Our Newsletter!